Braces and Invisalign
Let the 21st Century Dental Centre team align your teeth and correct bite problems
When you have straight, beautiful teeth, you just can’t help but smile all the time. But did you know that having your teeth in their ideal positions is about more than just aesthetics? It also plays a huge role in the comfort and function of your mouth.
At 21st Century Dental Centre, we can use orthodontics to move crooked teeth into their ideal positions – allowing them to function properly. We’ll correct the positioning of your teeth, improve your bite, and leave you with a comfortable, beautiful smile.
21st Century Dental Centre is also proud to offer Invisalign. For this simple process, we create a series of clear plastic aligner trays -- custom-made to fit your teeth. Every two weeks, you’ll switch to a different aligner, and your teeth will gradually shift into their proper places. It’s an effective, comfortable way to straighten your teeth.
To learn more about Invisalign, click here.
Whether you choose traditional metal braces or clear Invisalign retainers, the team at 21st Century Dental Centre is ready to help you begin your smile transformation. We are often asked about the ideal age for orthodontic treatment, but the reality is that braces aren't just for children and teenagers. More and more of our adult patients are choosing orthodontics to give themselves a more attractive, comfortable smile.
Here are just a few of the ways orthodontics at 21st Century Dental Centre could help you ..
- Bite problems:Your upper teeth are designed to slightly overlap your lower teeth, so they can bite together in proper occlusion. If your jaws and teeth are naturally too far forward or too far back, you may have a bite problem. Bite problems can cause painful damage to your teeth if left untreated. Talk to us about how orthodontics can improve your bite.
- Crowded issues: When your teeth are properly aligned, they form a U-shaped arch. This makes it easy to brush them and floss between each one. If your teeth are crowded together, it makes it difficult to clean them properly, and that puts them at risk for decay. Some people are self-conscious about having crowded teeth, and wish their smile was properly aligned. Talk to us today about how orthodontics can correct crowded teeth.
- Spacing issues:If you have spaces between your teeth, the gaps can cause problems with your alignment and occlusion (bite). Spaces can be corrected with the help of orthodontics. When you're missing a tooth, the surrounding teeth slowly shift their position in an attempt to fill the gap. After losing a baby tooth, it's important to allow room for an adult tooth to grown in. Talk to us today about how orthodontic appliances can help maintain that space.
For more information about orthodontic treatment, contact 21st Century Dental Centre today.
Watch the videos below to learn more about the health of your gums:
FAQs — Click question to reveal answer
- Q: How do braces work to straighten my teeth?
- A: Braces correct the positioning of your teeth in four steps: by aligning your teeth into the proper U-shaped arch and leveling them to the proper height, correcting your bite, and perfecting the way your teeth fit together. The final step is fitting your teeth with retainers to keep them from moving back to their original positions -- trust us, that can happen!
- Q: How does Invisalign work to straighten my teeth?
- A: Invisalign corrects the positioning of your teeth by aligning them into the proper U-shaped arch, leveling them to the proper height, correcting your bite, and perfecting the way your teeth fit together. You’ll wear a series of clear plastic aligner trays, switching to a new one every two weeks until you get the desired results.
- Q: I’ve always been self-conscious about my crooked teeth, but I’m a professional adult and don’t want my clients to see me wearing braces. Is Invisalign an option for me?
- A: Absolutely. Our adult patients love Invisalign because the aligner trays are practically invisible -- they can carry on with their careers and not feel embarrassed by metal brackets and wires.
- Q: I have always wanted straighter teeth, but I thought braces only worked when you were a teenager?
- A: No way! Braces -- and all types of orthodontic appliances -- work just as well on adults as they do on children and teenagers. Age is not a factor in having an attractive, comfortable smile. If you’re uncomfortable with the idea of traditional metal braces, we also offer clear Invisalign aligners. Talk to us today to discuss your options.
- Q: I've heard orthodontics are expensive. Does my dental insurance cover braces or Invisalign?
- A: It depends on your coverage. We would be happy to help you understand your available coverage, so please ask us at your next appointment.