Surrey Cosmetic Dentist
Creating beautiful smiles all over British Columbia
Take a look in the mirror, and think about what you see. Are you happy with your smile? Is it an accurate reflection of how you feel on the inside? Or are there things you would change about it?
If you’re looking to improve your smile, you’ve come to the right place. At 21st Century Dental Centre, we can use cosmetic dentistry to give you the smile of your dreams. Whether it’s bleaching your teeth with Zoom! ® teeth whitening, or using veneers and ceramic crowns to correct the shape of your teeth, we have the solution for you. Let us help you design your dream smile, and then show you how to make it a reality.
Choosing to get cosmetic dentistry is often a personal decision. The following interactive tools will help you determine whether cosmetic dentistry is right for you.
Here are a few of our cosmetic dentistry procedures:
- Veneers: These are thin laminates that we bond directly to your natural teeth. We can use them to correct the colour of your tooth, close a space, or repair a cracked tooth.
- Crowns: Crowns cover your tooth, protecting it and keeping it strong. They can be made of gold, porcelain fused to metal, or pure white porcelain (to look just like a natural tooth).
- Bonding: We can improve the appearance of your teeth by closing the gaps between them – that’s called “bonding.” A resin material is applied to your teeth, and then we harden it using a special light.
- Teeth Whitening: The enamel on our teeth darkens as we age, and things like red wine, coffee and tea can give our smile ugly yellow stains. Our dental practice uses Zoom! ® teeth whitening to remove or reduce stains and lighten your teeth, giving them a whiter, brighter, more attractive appearance.
If you’re considering a smile transformation with cosmetic dentistry, contact 21st Century Dental Centre today.
FAQs — Click question to reveal answer
- Q: Is a crown the same as a veneer?
A: No — they are two separate dental services.
Veneers are thin porcelain laminates that we bond directly to your natural teeth. We can use them to correct the colour of your tooth, close a space, or repair a cracked tooth.
Crowns cover your tooth, protecting it and keeping it strong. They can be made of gold, porcelain fused to metal, or pure white porcelain (to look just like a natural tooth).
- Q: My teeth have ugly yellow stains. How did they get so dark?
- A: Tobacco can stain teeth, but it’s not just smokers who suffer from yellow, stained teeth. Red wine, coffee and tea are notorious for staining your teeth. Diet soda is also a problem, because its acidity breaks down your tooth's enamel — leaving it prone to stains. You don't need to cut out these beverages entirely in order to protect your teeth — just be mindful of what they might do to your smile, and try to limit your intake.
- Q: What’s the fastest way to get a brand-new smile?
- A: Veneers can improve the aesthetics of a person's smile very quickly, because they are thin laminates that we bond directly to your natural teeth. If you’re interested in a smile makeover, talk to us today about your options.
- Q: Does my dental insurance cover cosmetic dentistry procedures?
- A: It depends on your coverage. We would be happy to help you understand your available coverage, so please ask us at your next appointment.