Regular treatment at 21st Century Dental Centre helps you maintain healthy gums
Periodontics is the part of dentistry that deals with the gums and bone surrounding your teeth. It's essential that your teeth have a solid foundation of healthy gums and strong bone -- and at 21st Century Dental Centre, we can help.
Periodontal disease (gum disease) is a chronic bacterial infection that affects the gums and bone supporting your teeth.
Symptoms of Periodontal Disease:
- Swollen, puffy and bleeding gums
- Spaces between teeth
- Tooth sensitivity
- Bad breath
- Loose teeth
If not adequately treated, periodontal disease can result in loose teeth and ultimately tooth loss. Early detection and treatment are the key to successful treatment.
Preventing Periodontal Disease:
- Brush and floss your teeth daily
- See your dentist regularly for professional cleaning and monitoring
- If diagnosed with periodontal disease, get treatment early
Watch the videos below to learn more about the health of your gums and surrounding bone, and call 21st Century Dental Centre today about your options.
Watch the videos below to learn more about the health of your gums:
FAQs — Click question to reveal answer
- Q: Are there any health problems related to having periodontal disease?
- A: Absolutely. In the last decade, there have been reports of potential links between periodontal diseases and cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and preterm low-weight babies.
- Q: Aren't I too young to have periodontal disease?
- A: Although periodontal diseases are more common in older individuals, they can also affect children and teenagers.